Dubai World Trade Centre (DWTC) is the region’s largest venue known for hosting many of the world’s high-profile events and offering every type of service under one roof.
With over a million square feet of multi-purpose space, DWTC has host more than 500 events across international trade fairs, mega consumer shows and prestigious conventions and welcomes over 2.74 million visitors from 160 global markets every year.
The DWTCA will be responsible for “establishing, developing and managing infrastructures and administrative services inside Dubai World Trade Centre.” It will also define business activities, approve the “general plan for DWTC’s zones, licensing, organizing and overseeing construction works in Dubai World Trade Centre, registering and licensing companies in DWTC’s free zone and defining and collecting registration and licensing fees in addition to other authorities and capacities.”
The DWTCA can establish companies, invest in those companies, buy and rent assets and coordinate with other free zones “to facilitate the activities of DWTC’s companies.”
Reason to Setup Company in Dubai World Trade Center
Dubai World Trade Centre Authority (DWTC Authority) provides an effective and well-regulated business ecosystem to compete more effectively.
The Free Zone is well-connected via the Dubai Metro, road network and Dubai International Airport.
With leasing and licensing opportunities available now across the DWTC and DWTC District, the Free Zone provides an incentive for multinationals to enter local and regional markets.
The DWTC Authority deploys internationally-benchmarked legislative policies and operational procedures in collaboration with government authorities.
The DWTC Authority Free Zone offers an enhanced incentive for businesses to establish their permanent representation within the Free Zones.
What are the benefits of the Free Zone licenses?
- Zero income tax for 50 years and renewable
- Zero corporate tax for 50 years and renewable
- No export tax
- 100% foreign ownership
- 100% repatriation of capital
- No restraints over the capital nationality
- Freedom to start multi options for legal operating structures
- Flexibility to determine prices of services or products and the profit margin desired
- Stable and clear regulation
- No restriction on currency and repatriation of funds
- No restriction on hiring foreign employees
- One-stop shop service that provides business partners with a variety of government services, including company registration, licensing, visa and other services
- Simplified incorporation process
How to incorporate a company in Dubai World Trade Center
Potential clients wishing to lease a DWC facility in Aviation City or Dubai Logistics City must submit their business plan and other client information to the Free Zone Department for initial approval. Applicants are notified in writing if their application is granted or rejected. Once the initial approval is granted, the applicant can proceed with the registration and incorporation of the FZE and license process followed by the procedure for obtaining a lease.
Reviews of applications are normally completed within 15 working days.
Applicants wishing only to lease office space are not requested to submit a business plan.
DWC’s Company Registrar is responsible for the registration and licensing procedures.
The client must choose the preferred type of business license and describe the business activities he/she wishes to undertake within the free zone. The application must be accompanied by the non-refundable fee as specified by DWC.
Once the application to register a FZE has been approved and payment of the required share capital (applicable for a LLC) and all other fees have been settled, the Company Registrar will issue:
For a DWC LLC:
- A Certificate of Incorporation
- Individual share certificates for each shareholder
- The company’s Memorandum of Association
- The company’s Articles of Incorporation
For a Branch:
- A Certificate of Registration
Documents Required for Setting up a DWC-LLC
- A completed Registration & Licensing Application form (DWC-LLC)
- Valid passport copies (color preferred) of any person listed as a Director, Shareholder, General Manager and Company Secretary in the application.
- A certified true copy of the Certificate of Incorporation.
- A valid certificate of good standing or a valid trade license of any Shareholder that is a corporate entity.
- If the person handling the application and signing the declaration is not a Director, Shareholder, General Manager or Company Secretary, a notarized Power of Attorney or signed Board Resolution (if the Shareholder is a corporate entity) is required for each Shareholder, confirming that the person handling the application is authorized to act on behalf of the Shareholders.
- Two copies of the Memorandum of Association and the Articles of Association of the DWC-LLC with the name of the company to be set up and signed by all Shareholders.
Documents Required for Setting up a Branch
- A completed Registration & Licensing Application (Branch).
- A copy of a signed Board Resolution or a notarized Power of Attorney from the existing entity, which confirms the intent to set up the Branch and nominating a representative responsible for the filing.
- Certified true copies of the Memorandum and Articles of Association or similar company documents of the existing company.
- A certified true copy of the Certificate of Incorporation, Certificate of Good Standing or valid trade license of the existing company.
DWC has excellent co-operations with government departments and authorities resulting in streamlined company formation procedures, simple company operations and cost effective solutions.
- Free Zone services
- General Administration Department
- Setup of companies
- Utilities and Infrastructure (UIM)
Free Zone Services
DWC’s Free Zone Department provides the following services:
- Registration services: company formation, cancellations and amendments to registrations
- Lease services: issuing of leases
- License services: issuing of licenses, amendments of licenses, cancellations of licenses, suspensions of licenses
General Administration Department
DWC’s General Administration Department handles the following:
- Register maintenance
- Employee visa sponsoring
- Employee entry permits
- Employee work permits
- Employee medical examinations
- Health and safety standards
Setup of Companies
Clients can set up the following types of companies:
- DWC Limited Liability Company (DWC-LLC)
- A Branch of an overseas company or a branch of a UAE registered company
DWC Limited Liability Company (DWC-LLC)
- A legal entity with its own legal personality
- The liability of its shareholders is limited to the value of the share capital they hold in the company
- A DWC-LLC must have Directors, Shareholders, a Company Secretary and a General Manager
- A DWC-LLC will have the designation DWC-LLC
- The minimum capital requirement for DWC-LLC’s is AED 300,000. Each share value is AED 1.
A Branch of an Overseas Company or a Branch of a UAE Registered Company
- A representative office of an existing legal entity outside the DWC
- A branch is not a separate legal entity and derives authority and power from its parent company
- A branch will not have a board of directors or a company secretary. It must have a general manager who is responsible for business activities
- A branch has the same name as the name of parent company
- A branch’s name will end with the designation (Branch)
All of DWC’s free zone companies are private companies and are not permitted to invite the public to subscribe for shares, stock or debentures.
Different types of leases are provided for both the Dubai Logistics City and Aviation City parts of the DWC Free Zone. There are office space leases, land and warehouse leases. The lease agreement specifies the terms and conditions of the lease as well as the service charge and other charges.
The lease agreement will be issued to the client upon approval of the application and finalization of registration, issuing of the license and settlement of all fees.
There are various types of licenses for companies operating within DLC or Aviation City:
Logistics License: for logistics services such as distribution, storage, transportation, inventory management, order management, forwarding and clearing, sorting. The holder of the license is permitted to handle products within the UAE but not sell them within the UAE.
Industrial License: for light manufacturing such as purifying, blending, mixing, repacking, wrapping, assembling products using quiet machinery or laborers.
Trading License: for importing, exporting, selling, distributing and storage of products which are specified in the license. The selling of finished products is permitted within the UAE only through a licensed local distributor or agent.
Service License: for services such as training, catering, consulting, human resources, insurance etc. which are specified in the license within DWC and other places in the UAE.
Education License: for the provision of educational, educational consultancy and social services.
Licenses are valid for a period of one year and are renewable.
Utilities and Infrastructure (UIM)
DWC’s Utilities and Infrastructure (UIM) manages DWC’s assets, utilities, systems and infrastructure.
Utilities management: operation of DWC’s District Cooling Business and management of the main electrical substations together with its gas turbine generators.
Infrastructure management: management of the maintenance and smooth operation of DWC’s roads. Road operation includes landscaping, street lights, water features, fire water / irrigation water, storm water drainage and pumping, sewage, sewage treatment and reservoirs. Sewage network and STP operations monitor the sewage connections of all facilities to the network.
Assets management: receives assets, maintains the assets database and centralized maintenance system.
Business support: responsible for city and aviation fire safety.
If you are interested please feel free to contact us.